SNB Short Notice Balancing
Description of Service:
- A firm service that helps facilitate the effective operation of a companion FT-SN contract by providing flexibility for balancing purposes using Mainline linepack.
- Designed to meet the needs of markets which require a flexible and firm gas supply to serve fluctuating demands with as little as 15 minutes notice (e.g. gas fired power generators).
Key Features and Benefits:
- Unique features include reserved capacity and up to 96 nomination windows daily.
- The shipper will nominate into or out of their SNB account as part of their FT-SN nominations.
How to Access this Service:
- Bid for service through a TC Energy held Open Season. Notices are posted on the TC Energy website and detail the capacity offered as well as the bidding process.
- Shipper must sign an SNB contract for the accepted bid with TC Energy.
- Requires a companion FT-SN contract to access the SNB service.
- Shipper may also sign an Assignment Agreement with TC Energy and the holder of an existing SNB & FT-SN contract to take over all or a portion of that existing contract-holder’s service (i.e. the FT-SN contract and SNB contract must be assigned together to the same assignee).
For Further Information
Contact your Marketing Representatives, or via any of the options listed below.
Firm and reserved
Renewal minimum 1 year
2 years' notice required
TC Energy will build facilities with a minimum 15 year contract term
Assignments (with linked FT-SN)
Up to 96 nomination windows daily
Flow rate nomination required (GJ/hr)
Awarded based on term x toll
Must also hold FT-SN contract
||Minimum term is 1 year
||Monthly SNB demand toll
Uniform toll within a region
This service description is for informational purposes only. For more detailed descriptions, please review the Transportation Tariff which provides complete detail and supersedes the information provided on this page.