ST-SN Short Term - Short Notice
Description of Service:
- Short term firm service with a primary receipt point and a primary delivery point designed to meet the needs of markets which require a flexible and firm gas supply to serve fluctuating demands with as little as 15 minutes notice (e.g. gas fired power generators).
Key Features and Benefits:
- Unique features include reserved capacity, flow control, requirement for separate delivery area and up to 96 nomination windows daily.
- Range of contract terms: Minimum term of seven days and maximum term of one year less one day.
How to Access this Service:
- Bid for service through a TransCanada held Open Season. Notices are posted on the TransCanada website and detail the capacity offered as well as the bidding process.
- Shipper must submit a completed Exhibit “A” form, from their ST-SN Contract, indicating the quantity, the requested transportation path, and the price for their bid which must be at least equal to the posted ST-SN bid floor (shippers bid a percentage of the FT-SN toll in effect at the time of service)
- Shipper must sign an ST-SN contract with TransCanada.
For Further Information
Contact your Customer Account Manager, or via any of the options listed below.
Firm and reserved
Will not build mainline facilities for service
May build metering facilities for service
Up to 96 nomination windows daily
Flow control required at delivery point
Flow rate nomination required (GJ/hr)
Separate delivery area required
Shipper bids quantity, price and term
Awarded based on aggregate revenue
Competes with STFT in short term open seasons
Minimum = 7 days
Maximum = 1 year less 1 day
Biddable toll as a percentage of the FT-SN toll in effect at time of service
Bid floors established by TransCanada
Minimum bid floor level can be no lower than the applicable FT-SN toll
This service description is for informational purposes only. For more detailed descriptions, please review the Transportation Tariff which provides complete detail and supersedes the information provided on this page.