STS-L Storage Transportation Service - Linked
Description of Service:
- Service used for load balancing purposes allowing injections and withdrawals at storage locations
- Intended for use in “unbundled” LDC environments
- A long-haul FT or MFP contract to the market location must be linked to the STS-L contract, and can be held by either the STS-L shipper or a third party
Key Features and Benefits:
- Allows a long-haul FT or MFP contract holder, in combination with their STS-L contract, to meet seasonal market and storage requirements and still keep a high load factor
- Flexibility features include renewal rights, additional nomination windows to better balance daily gas supply and consumption, and assignment rights
- Accommodates an unbundled LDC environment where the linked long-haul FT or MFP contract may be held by another shipper
How to Access this Service:
- Bid for service through a TransCanada held Open Season. Notices are posted on the TransCanada website and detail the capacity offered as well as the bidding process.
- Shipper must sign an STS-L contract for the accepted bid with TransCanada
- A long-haul FT or MFP contract with TransCanada to the shipper’s market location must be linked to the STS-L contract
- Shipper may also sign an Assignment Agreement with TransCanada and the holder of an existing STS-L contract to take over all or a portion of that existing contract-holder’s service.
For Further Information
Contact your Customer Account Manager, or via any of the options listed below.
Injections and withdrawals are firm dependent on season and location of market vs storage
Renewal minimum 1 year
2 years' notice required
TransCanada will build facilities with a minimum 15 year contract term
8 nomination windows
Ability to convert to EMB
Awarded based on term x toll
A long-haul FT or MFP contract to the market location must be linked to the STS-L contract
Minimum term is 1 year
Monthly STS demand toll
This service description is for informational purposes only. For more detailed descriptions, please review the Transportation Tariff which provides complete detail and supersedes the information provided on this page.