FT-D Firm Transportation - Delivery
Description of Service:
- Firm delivery service available at three mutually-exclusive groups of delivery locations (Group 1, Group 2 and Group 3).
- Group 1 delivery points are interconnection points with the major downstream pipeline systems (e.g. TC Energy Mainline, Foothills B.C., Foothills Saskatchewan, Spectra Energy Transmission and Alliance Pipeline L.P.).
- Group 2 delivery points are non-Group 1 delivery points where the shipper elects to contract for the standard service attributes.
- Group 3 delivery points are locations where the shipper elects to contract for a premium service which is offered at a premium price compared to service at Group 2 delivery points. Service at a Group 3 delivery location is available to any shipper provided that the shipper is the connecting pipeline operator for such Group 3 delivery location, is the only shipper at such location and is not entitled to any other service at such location.
Key Features and Benefits:
- High priority delivery service.
- FT-D has variable pricing dependent on length of term; one year but less than three years at 100%, three years but less than five at 95%, and five years or greater at 90%.
- Service is renewable, for a minimum term of one year.
- Renewal notification is required a minimum of one year prior to the service termination date.
- Eligible for Alternate Access provision which allows shippers to nominate the unutilized portion of their Group 1 or Group 2 FT-D service as IT-D during a month between and/or within Group 1 and Group 2 delivery locations on the system without incurring any additional charges. Alternate Access is managed as a billing charge in which each shipper’s delivery contracts and volumes (Group 1 & Group 2) are pooled together to maximize their FT-D delivery contracts before IT-D charges are applied.
- Transfers are allowed between and within Group 1 and Group 2 locations, and within Group 3 locations, subject to available capacity and only during secondary term.
How to Access this Service:
- Bid for service through a TC Energy held Open Season. Notices are posted on the TC Energy website and detail the capacity offered as well as the bidding process.
- Shipper must sign an FT-D Service Agreement for the accepted bid with TC Energy.
For Further Information
Contact your Marketing Representatives, or via any of the options listed below.
This service description is for informational purposes only. For more detailed descriptions, please review the NGTL System Tariff which provides complete detail and supersedes the information provided on this page.